* Welcome to Chester-le-Track at Chester-le-Street and Eaglescliffe stations.
* Some parts of the rail network are flooded and the sea wall at Dawlish has been severed but there is a local service between Newton Abbot and Penzance. Full details are available from the individual train company websites, links below.
* We offer all fares available on the National Rail network, often cheaper than the internet sites - even our own! Please speak to one of our advisers by phone if you wish to get the most appropriate fare for your journey. We charge no booking fee, no credit or debit card fee, and postage is free in the UK.
* A new railcard product is being launched on 2 March called the Two Together railcard, aimed at those people between 25 and 60 who cannot use the conventional range of railcards. Details are embargoed at present, but we will have more news soon.
* We encourage our customers to use two leading internet booking engines. Both thetrainline and Raileasy appear on this stage, so that if one is unavailable, say, owing to software upgrades overnight, you can use the other. Ring our numbers at the top of the page if you wish to speak to one of our team.
* York is the biggest day out destination from both Chester-le-Street and Eaglescliffe. You can buy a pass covering 20 attractions with 20% off for our passengers. Book at www.yorkpass.com where more details can be obtained.
- reduced price of one day adult pass is £27.20 (should be £34)
- two day adult pass is £38.40, should be £48
- three day adult pass is £46.40 - save almost £12
When booking at yorkpass.com, use the discount code GC2013 (case sensitive)
* You can book tickets on this page on line, or find out about our two staffed stations at Chester-le-Street and Eaglescliffe which deal with bookings over the telephone. If you book on line please note it is NOT possible to pick up tickets from Chester-le-Street or Eaglescliffe. There are no Fasticket machines at either station to retrieve bookings.
* Chester-le-Street telephones on 0191 387 1387 are sometimes very busy, so why not call our other team at Eaglescliffe station? Bookings may be made during opening hours on 01642 200140.
* We have seven members of staff plus two apprentices in training. All want to offer you the best deal for your ticket requirements.
* We had a difficult situation a year ago with a group of people with disabilities wishing to join a train at Chester-le-Street station.
* Assistance is not normally provided at this station since the staff are not trained, not empowered, not insured and not allowed by the train companies to provide disabled assistance. For the same reasons we do not blow whistles or dispatch trains.
* Assistance can be pre-booked for help from the guards on the train who are, of course, directly employed by the train companies, and this can be booked with the appropriate train operator.
* For assistance on TransPennine, call free on 0800 107 2149. For assistance on Northern, call 0808 156 1606. For assistance on Cross Country, call 0844 811 0125, and for assistance on Grand Central (from Eaglescliffe) call 0844 811 0071.
* We can supply numbers for other train operating companies too.
* Stationmaster Alex Nelson has developed a wholly new public lecture on the subject of Time. This was presented as part of a Durham University Institute of Advanced Study series on time, entitled "The Wrong Kind of Time". This lecture can be given in addition to the existing ones on fares and ticketing and "St. Cuthbert and the Railwayman."
* This website is hosted by Chester-le-Track, based at the real railway station at Chester-le-Street in County Durham on the East Coast Main Line, and also trading at Eaglescliffe on the Grand Central route from Sunderland to London.
* We provide rail information on-line and enable you to buy tickets with two booking engines. We also have excellent deals on hotels through Superbreaks, and these accommodation deals can be combined with fully inclusive rail packages not available to rail-only purchasers.
* Our real station is open at Chester-le-Street until 1800 Monday to Friday and 1400 Saturday and Bank Holidays. We open at 0730 every day of the week except Sundays, and at 0610 on Mondays.
* We try to post out tickets issued at our station same day first class, so you will normally get them the following day. Saturday orders will be posted on Monday. Over Bank Holiday Mondays, mail goes out on the Tuesday following.
At Chester-le-Street, the staff team is Helen, Helen 2, and Paul 1 and Tony. We additionally have an apprentice called Jack, who is just starting his apprenticeship.
At Eaglescliffe we have Martin, Jason and Paul 2, and apprentice Andrew.
Patrick also works at CLS on Saturdays. Jack joined the Chester-le-Street team on 27 January.
Jason has had special training in the use of facebook and twitter to promote the station. Please feel free to check us out on facebook and twitter.
Please book your tickets with us over the internet, or in person or over the phone as you prefer.
Rolling news will now repeat. If you would like this news service sent to your inbox when it changes, please subscribe - you can unsubscribe at any time.
Alex Nelson Stationmaster, Chester-le-Street.